A western-style building on Futai Street, built in 1910 and now located at No. 26 Yanping South Road in Taipei.
When Taiwan became a province, the first police beat, or xunfu, was based at Yanping South Road and Wuchang Street.
The old name for Yanping South Road is Futai Street.
Futai Street was once the administrative and business center of Taipei. During the Japanese Occupation, it was called Taiwa-cho, and many Western style buildings were built here.
This western building on Fu Tai street is the oldest existing western building in Taiwan.